Old Forester is really starting to win over bourbon lovers. We are joined by our returning guest, Master Taster at Old Forester, Jackie Zykan, to chat about the 2020 Birthday Bourbon, the new barrel proof offering on the single barrel program, the story behind President’s Choice, and much more. Have you tried an Old Forester 1915? Well, if you’ve never heard of it, get ready to start blending.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- Track your tasting notes and connect with other bourbon drinkers. Search for Oak Bottle App on the Apple App Store.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- The Thousand Oaks Barrel Co. has personalized oak barrels and at-home whiskey making kits. Get 10% off everything with code “BP2020” at 1000oaksbarrel.com.
- Receive $25 off your first order at RackHouse Whiskey Club with code “Pursuit”. Visit RackhouseWhiskeyClub.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about labor strikes.
- If you had a time machine would you go back in time or to the future?
- Let’s talk about 1915.
- Tell us about working with Chris Morris and Birthday Bourbon.
- How hard was it to get the single barrel program to be barrel proof?
- What age barrels are going into the Whiskey Row Series?
- How do the barrel picks work?
- Tell us about President’s Choice.
The post 270 – Birthdays, Barrel Proof, and Presidents at Old Forester with Master Taster Jackie Zykan appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!