Well, you asked for another episode talking cocktails and that’s what you get. On this episode, we talk to Nic Christiansen who runs the single barrel program at Barrell Craft Spirits, but is also a nationally recognized bartender and cocktail competition champion. She talks about the variety of cocktails and how it’s really about swapping out simple ingredients to create endless possibilities. From a classic Old Fashioned or Mint Julep to creating your own bitters, this episode will have you wanting to create something unique of your own.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- Track your tasting notes and connect with other bourbon drinkers. Search for Oak Bottle App on the Apple App Store or visit https://bourbo.nz/oakbottle.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- The Thousand Oaks Barrel Co. has personalized oak barrels and at-home whiskey making kits. Get 10% off everything with code “BP2020” at 1000oaksbarrel.com.
- Receive $25 off your first order at RackHouse Whiskey Club with code “Pursuit”. Visit RackhouseWhiskeyClub.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about bourbon heritage month.
- What was your favorite tv show growing up as a kid?
- Tell us about your background.
- What made you decide to get into cocktails?
- What bad habits did you learn when you first started making cocktails?
- What is involved with being a beverage director?
- How do you train bartenders?
- How did you remember all those cocktails?
- How do you make bitters?
- How do you build a cocktail from an economic perspective?
- What is your Old Fashioned recipe?
- What is a Brown Derby?
- What kind of ice do you prefer?
- What do you think about the growing mixology culture?
- Do you ever enter competitions?
- What is your go to vermouth?
- Rye vs. Bourbon in cocktails?
- What are your thoughts on Rum cocktails?
- How frustrated do you get when a place can’t make a good cocktail?
- Do you prefer different cocktails for different seasons?
- Talk about using a raw egg in a New York Sour.
- Where did you get the inspiration for your New York Sour?
- Any upcoming cocktail trends?
- What do you do on a daily basis?
- Does your palate differ from Tripp and Joe?
The post 272 – Crafting Cocktails with Nic Christiansen of Barrell Craft Spirits appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon Pursuit