Single barrel picks are the new unicorns. And if you add a fancy sticker, after market wax or some glitter, bourbon nerds can’t control themselves. For this podcast, the team thought it would be a fun idea if our audience sent us samples from their New Riff barrel selections and we put them in a bracket challenge. We decide who selected the best barrel and gets Bourbon Pursuit bragging rights.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- Upgrade your sleep today with a Bear Mattress. Visit BearMattress.com/bourbon.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Stop putting stickers on picks and take total control of your own private label with Krogman’s. Learn more at Krogmans.com.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about tipping for high end pours.
- Why did we pick New Riff for this bracket?
- New Riff Tasting
- Cleveland Bourbon Club – “New Riff Passed Elijah” – Ryan Lintz
- Charred Barrel – “Happy Little Riff” – Chris Perugini
- Knoxville Beer & Brown Water Society – ”Kings of Grain Jackpot” – Jimmy Tucker
- Sacred Sippers – “Holy Water 19:1″ – Mike Utech
- Brown Bunker Coalition – “The Colin Bottle”- Dirk Glahn
- Wright-Patt Whiskey Club – Andy Hostetter
- Kentucky Bourbon Brotherhood – “Ken Riffey Jr” – Todd Hall
- Great Lakes Whiskey Club – “Riff Ross” – Mike Schuette
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!