There’s a few OGs in the world of whiskey, and one of the most notable names is Ryan Maloney. You may not know that name, but you’ve likely heard of his store in Massachusetts called Julio’s Liquors and the famous picks done by the Loch & Key Society. Ryan takes us on a trip down memory lane when private barrel selections were abundant and limited releases weren’t so limited.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- Upgrade your sleep today with a Bear Mattress. Visit BearMattress.com/bourbon.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about storing vintage spirits.
- What carnival food can you not resist?
- Tell us about Julio’s the and Loch & Key Society.
- When did you realize how important barrel picks would be?
- Have you ever picked a Van Winkle?
- Tell us about some of your barrel picks.
- What’s on the forefront of barrel picks?
- Have you created your own private label or do you plan to?
- Talk about blending.
- What is your thought process on collaborations with other stores?
- Are you getting less allocations because of the rise in popularity of bourbon?
The post 294 – The Early Days of Barrel Selections with Ryan Maloney of Julio’s Liquors appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon Pursuit