Westward Whiskey announced the release of its second annual Women of Westward whiskey in honor of International Women’s Day, March 8.
The 2021 Women of Westward Benefit Barrels, a pair of single barrel whiskeys chosen by a panel of female hospitality professionals, will officially be released on that day, going on sale through the Westward Whiskey website. The whiskeys also will be available in select retail shops in Oregon.
The barrel selection panel included:
- Alexis Belton-Tinoco, Bar Director, The Aviary
- Ashtin Berry, Bartender, Educator, Equity Worker
- Emily Mistell, Owner/Beverage Director, Hey Love
- Lauren Paylor, Owner + Co-Founder Focus on Health
- Natasha David, Co-Owner, You & Me Cocktails
- Tiffanie Barriere, Bartender, Educator, Innovator
Panel members also chose a pair of charities – Al Otro Lado and Black Mamas Matter Alliance – that will benefit from sales of the whiskies. Al Otro Lado provides holistic legal and humanitarian support to indigent refugees, deportees, and other migrants in the U.S., while Black Mamas Matter Alliance is a Black women-led cross-sectoral alliance that empowers Black mothers. Both barrels were bottled at 90 proof and will carry an RSP of $99.95.Stay In Touch!