The Speed Art Museum’s annual bourbon auction will auction off some of the world’s most hard-to-find whiskeys, among them a rare, numbered, $12,500 Van Winkle Family Reserve 15-year from the 1990s.
The online auction takes place 7pm-8:45pm EST, Sept 23.
This year’s “Art of Bourbon” shelves will feature an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, a bottle of 1940s-1950s Private Stock Park & Tilford, a Woodford Reserve Baccarat Edition bottle, the impossible-to-find 21-year Collectors Edition, and several exclusive experiences that allow winning bidders to get their custom barrel straight from the source.
Auction participation is free to bid but registration is required at artofbourbon.org. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Van Winkle Family Reserve 15-yr No 841 – Lot 23 Estimate: $12,500
- The Collector’s Edition 21-Year Old Bourbon from the 1960s/early 70s. Distilled and bottled by Dowling Distillers. A collector’s item in every sense of the word. Estimate: $6,500 – $7,000
- Old Forester BF 150 Special Edition Birthday Bourbon, 2021 12-yr – Lot 32. Bottled specifically for Brown-Forman’s 150th anniversary and only made for the distillery’s founding family members. Never sold in retail, very limited quantities produced. Estimate: $2,000
- Woodford Reserve Baccarat Edition – Lot 15 Estimate: $6,000
- Jim Beam Lineage 15-yr, only available in duty-free stores. Estimate: $2,000
- Park & Tilford Private Stock Estimate: $6,000
- The Ultimate Maker’s Mark “Immersion Experience Barrel Selection with Rob Samuels” that includes custom Brook White artwork Estimate: $20,000
- Rabbit Hole Single Barrel, picked with Founder and Whiskey Maker, Kaveh Zamanian Estimate: $20,000
- Nearest Green Private Distillery Experience with Master Blender and 5th generation Nearest Green descendent, Victoria Eady Butler, Plus 1 Signed Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey Master Blend Trilogy Set (1 bottle each of its newest release, Master Blend, and the 1884 Small Batch & 1856 Premium Aged Whiskeys) Estimate: $2,000
- 1-year-old Castle & Key Bourbon Barrel distilled by one of the most well-known Master Distillers in the industry, aged in the famous Castle and Key rickhouses for the next two years. Estimate: $2,000
- Longbranch Bourbon and a Yeti Cooler with off-the-hook goodies from the Lone Star State curated by Matthew McConaughey Estimate: $800 plus bragging rights