The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, or DISCUS, announced new appointments to the Craft Advisory Council for the 2021-22 term.
The council elected Philip McDaniel, CEO and Co-Founder of St. Augustine Distillery, as council chair and Rob Cassell, President of New Liberty, as vice chair, according to a DISCUS news release.
The advocacy council for the distilled spirits industry created the Craft Advisory Council to represent craft distillers’ positions on key policy issues ad the federal, state and local levels, as well as to help guide DISCUS’ craft distiller programming and policies.
“DISCUS is proud to represent a growing membership of spirits producers of all sizes, including America’s fast-growing
- Scott Harris, Catoctin Creek (VA)
- Jeff Quint, Cedar Ridge Distillery (IA)
- Tom Lix, Cleveland Whiskey (OH)
- Brian Facquet, Do Good Spirits (NY)
- Michael Paluzzi, Falls Church Distillers (VA)
- Steve Gould, Golden Moon Distillery (CO)
- Adam Hirsch, Goza Tequila (GA)
- Ted Huber, Huber’s Starlight Distillery (IN)
- Amir Peay, James E Pepper (KY)
- Jaime Windon, Lyon Rum (MD)
- Tom Potter, NY Distilling Co. (NY)
- Alex Castle, Old Dominick (TN)
- Phil Brandon, Rock Town Distillery (AR)
- Gareth Moore, Virginia Distillery Co. (VA)
- Randy Carlson, Vermont Spirits (VT)
- Lisa Cloutier, Whistling Andy Distillery (MT)
- Kate Jerkens, Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey (TN)