MGP, the major powerhouse distillery in Indiana, has purchased Luxco who owns Lux Row distillers in Bardstown that produces legacy and heritage brands such as Rebel Yell, Ezra Brooks, Davies County, and many more. But what does this mean? The roundtable gets together and speculates on what we can expect for these brands as well as MGP’s existing brands such as Remus. But what does this ultimately mean for brands that have been sourcing MGP bourbon and rye for decades? Have we just witnessed the end of one avenue for sourced markets?
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- Upgrade your sleep today with a Bear Mattress. Visit BearMattress.com/bourbon.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Stop putting stickers on picks and take total control of your own private label with Krogman’s. Learn more at Krogmans.com.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about pairing bourbon with Girl Scout Cookies.
- MGP buys LuxCo. What does this mean for the largest supplier of contract whiskey?
- Was this a good move?
- What will happen to the MGP sourced brands?
- What do you think will happen with Yellowstone?
- Will Luxco use MGP distillate?
- Do you think Luxco will do contract distillation?
- Thanks to Blake from Bourbonr.com, Nick from BreakingBourbon.com, and Brian from SippnCorn.com for joining.
The post 291 – What To Expect with MGP Purchasing Luxco on Bourbon Community Roundtable #53 appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!