Belle Meade is a very recognizable brand to bourbon enthusiasts. But how did that brand get revived and what’s the story behind Nelson’s Green Brier? We’re joined by Charlie Nelson, Co-Founder of Nelson’s Green Brier, who shares his story of stumbling into the bourbon business when his dad purchased a quarter of a cow.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- Upgrade your sleep today with a Bear Mattress. Visit BearMattress.com/bourbon.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Get 15% off your purchase when you order two or more bottles of Firebee Honey at FirebeeHoney.com/BourbonPursuit.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about helping others understand your bourbon hobby.
- What’s your best halloween costume?
- How did this journey begin?
- Talk about building your business plan.
- Do you consider Belle Meade your flagship?
- When using old labels from the archive, did you have to get them re-approved?
- What is your DSP?
- Where did you get your recipes?
- Talk about building the Belle Meade and Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery brands.
- Tell us about the success of the Belle Meade brand.
The post 296 – The Origin of Belle Meade and Nelson’s Green Brier with Charlie Nelson appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!