Bernie Lubbers is one of the great treasures of the modern whiskey era. A few years ago, he gave us a deep dive on Bottled in Bond in episode 89, but now he’s back and we’re talking Mellow Corn, Parker’s Heritage selections, and where the market is headed with pricing bourbon on the shelf. Stay tuned until the end for a performance of Whiskey, Honey, and Loving.
- Catoctin Creek has been honoring that tradition of small craft rye whisky since 2009. Learn more at CatoctinCreekDistilling.com.
- Smooth Ambler builds on the traditional roots of American whiskey in West Virginia. Visit SmoothAmbler.com to learn more.
- Wilderness Trail is Sweet Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon and Rye Whiskey distilled, aged, and bottled in Danville, Kentucky. Learn more at WildernessTrailDistillery.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Total Wine & More is ready for summer! You’re sure to find cool prices in-store or online at TotalWine.com.
- Heaven Hill Distillery has been lifting America’s spirit since 1935. Check out educational resources and sign up for their newsletter at HeavenHillDistillery.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks about flasks.
- Has Bottled in Bond changed since the last time you were on the show?
- How many bourbons are Bottled in Bond?
- Do you still love Bottled in Bond?
- Talk about corn whiskey.
- Tell us about the process for selecting Parker’s.
- Where do you think we are going with pricing in bourbon?
- Do you get any pushback from retailers about having allocated items in your gift shop?
- What are your thoughts on private barrel picks?
- Talk about the Black Velvet acquisition.
The post 308 – Mellow Corn, Selecting Parker’s, and Bourbon Business with Bernie Lubbers of Heaven Hill appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon Pursuit