In this podcast, we look to see if there are any distilleries in New York that can take on good old fashioned Kentucky bourbon. Dan Walkski, Manager of Fine Spirits at Midvalley Wine and Liquor in Newburgh, NY shares some of his favorites from the region and we taste them in a blind battle. There’s a few surprises thrown in that cause some major upsets. Tune in to see what state comes out on top.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Receive $25 off your first order at RackHouse Whiskey Club with code “Pursuit”. Visit RackhouseWhiskeyClub.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about age statements.
- How did you get into bourbon?
- What is the bourbon scene like in Newburgh, NY?
- What is the largest growing spirit in your store?
- Tasting of New York and Kentucky whiskies.
- Do you get a lot of allocated bourbon?
- What do encourage your customers to try since you don’t get a lot of allocated items?
- What is a good gateway bourbon?
- How to you price bottles in the store?
- Do you put all your bottles for sale online?
- Have you visited all these NY distilleries?
Support this Podcast on Patreon
The post 266 – State Bourbon Battle: New York vs. Kentucky appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon Pursuit