We’re joined by Ted, Christian, and Blake to talk about the family history on the farm that led them to have DSP-IN-31, which is a super super low number when it comes to a distilled spirits producer. We take a few twists, but there is one thing we came away with and that’s how this family never settles with a single recipe, single barrel entry proof, single cooperage, or even a single distiller. These three take turns at the helm steering their bourbon in a new direction. After recording, we went to the warehouse and tasted 12 or 15 different barrels and not one of the two was alike. Make sure you try a single barrel selection from Starlight Distillery and you will know what I’m talking about.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- Track your tasting notes and connect with other bourbon drinkers. Search for Oak Bottle App on the Apple App Store or visit https://bourbo.nz/oakbottle.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- The Thousand Oaks Barrel Co. has personalized oak barrels and at-home whiskey making kits. Get 10% off everything with code “BP2020” at 1000oaksbarrel.com.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Use code “PURSUIT” to receive $100 off. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- The Duo Glass and Travel Decanter. Innovative products from Aged & Ore to compliment your bourbon. Visit https://bourbo.nz/agedandore.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about media packages.
- Would you rather be an astronaut or an olympic gold medalist?
- Talk about the history of the farm and distillery.
- What law allowed MGP to operate as a distillery?
- Talk about your brandy.
- What were the learning curves when transitioning from brandy to whiskey?
- Tell us about the bourbon.
- What’s the difference between a brandy still and a whiskey still?
- Why do you use so many different cooperages?
- Is there a better time of year to pull barrels?
- Tell us about your corn varieties.
- Talk about your latest releases.
- What is Carl T.?
The post 275 – Growing Distillers on the Family Farm with the Hubers of Starlight Distillery appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!