Joshua Steeley, Marketing Director for Bourbon at Buffalo Trace, joins the show to cover the Old Charter Oak series. It’s a line extension that focuses on the effect different types of oak have on the bourbon. We’re talking oak harvested from all over the world and some of the oak being hundreds of years old.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- Track your tasting notes and connect with other bourbon drinkers. Search for Oak Bottle App on the Apple App Store or visit https://bourbo.nz/oakbottle.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- The Thousand Oaks Barrel Co. has personalized oak barrels and at-home whiskey making kits. Get 10% off everything with code “BP2020” at 1000oaksbarrel.com.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Use code “PURSUIT” to receive $100 off. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- The Duo Glass and Travel Decanter. Innovative products from Aged & Ore to compliment your bourbon. Visit https://bourbo.nz/agedandore.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about decanters.
- What’s the most ridiculous thing someone has tricked you into doing or believing?
- Tell us about your role at Buffalo Trace.
- Any brands you are putting more effort behind?
- Are you going to have a part in Early Times?
- How did you get into bourbon and end up at Buffalo Trace?
- Let’s talk about Old Charter Oak.
- How do you decide what bourbon goes into each brand?
- Tell us about your experimental process.
- Old Charter Oak Tasting.
- Where do you source your barrels from?
- Talk about what went into the packaging design.
- How hard is it to find this brand?
- What is the price point?
- Any failed experiments?
The post 276 – Tasting the Old Charter Oak Series with Joshua Steely of Buffalo Trace appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!