While the rest of society is busting down the doors on Black Friday for TVs, the beer lovers are hitting up every liquor store to grab the most iconic barrel aged stouts on the market coming from Goose Island. Every year, Bourbon County Stout has beer lovers drooling to see what variants will be released. We’re joined by Bill Savage, a lead brewer for the barrel aging program at Goose Island, to get an inside look into one of my favorite beers of all time. We talk about the time that goes into this yearly release and what happens when yeast goes wild.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- Track your tasting notes and connect with other bourbon drinkers. Search for Oak Bottle App on the Apple App Store or visit https://bourbo.nz/oakbottle.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Use code “PURSUIT” to receive $100 off. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- The Duo Glass and Travel Decanter. Innovative products from Aged & Ore to compliment your bourbon. Visit https://bourbo.nz/agedandore.
- Stop putting stickers on picks and take total control of your own private label with Krogman’s. Learn more at Krogmans.com.
- Kroger’s Ultimate Bourbon Auction: https://one.bidpal.net/zero/welcome
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about bourbons to pair with Thanksgiving.
- How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
- How long have you been with Goose Island?
- How did you end up working in the Goose Island Barrel Program?
- Tell us about the process.
- How many barrels are going into the release?
- How long do you age it in the barrel?
- Do you test each barrel?
- Can you over age a barrel?
- Do you reuse barrels?
- What’s the rationale for the high ABV?
- How do you pick your variants?
- What’s the thought process behind the collaborations with distilleries?
- Are you exploring aging other styles?
The post 279 – The Coveted Bourbon County Brand Stout with Bill Savage of Goose Island appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!