We’re currently experiencing the biggest boom there has ever been with bourbon. But is it going to be overshadowed by the seltzer movement? And we all know that COVID has impacted every single business sector, but what has it done to alcohol and, most importantly, bourbon? From the outside it seems that business is good, but Brandy Rand, COO for IWSR who specializes in drinks analysis and trends, provides a scientific view as well as reality check on where the market is moving.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- Track your tasting notes and connect with other bourbon drinkers. Search for Oak Bottle App on the Apple App Store or visit https://bourbo.nz/oakbottle.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Use code “PURSUIT” to receive $100 off. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- The Duo Glass and Travel Decanter. Innovative products from Aged & Ore to compliment your bourbon. Visit https://bourbo.nz/agedandore.
- Stop putting stickers on picks and take total control of your own private label with Krogman’s. Learn more at Krogmans.com.
- Receive IWSR’s weekly industry insights email: https://bourbonpursuit.com/iwsr
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about labels.
- Who was your childhood actor or actress crush?
- What is IWSR?
- How do you gather data?
- How were you all tracking bourbon growth years ago?
- Do you classify canned cocktails as hard seltzers?
- Do you think cocktails to go will be an on going trend?
- What impact are tariffs having globally?
- Have you seen distilleries pivot their strategy due to tariffs and COVID?
- What has happened to travel retail because of COVID?
- Do you track e-commerce and shipping?
- Do you follow Drizzly’s data?
- Where do you see bourbon growth in the next couple of years?
The post 280 – Is Bourbon the Next Big Trend? with Brandy Rand, COO of IWSR appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!