Gregg Walker joins the show to share some inside stories about the history at Maker’s Mark. Gregg was the second salesperson hired by Maker’s Mark and took part in 3X growth. Hear some of his stories about the struggle of growth, but also how him and Bill Samuels Jr. had a lot of fun as well.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Minimize drink dilution without sacrificing chill power with Meltdown, the ultimate ice ball press. Learn more at MeltdownIce.com.
- Upgrade your sleep today with a Bear Mattress. Visit BearMattress.com/bourbon.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Stop putting stickers on picks and take total control of your own private label with Krogman’s. Learn more at Krogmans.com.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about raffles.
- What song would you pick for karaoke?
- When did you get into the liquor business?
- Did you have to take the personality test before working at Maker’s Mark?
- Were you part of any of the Maker’s taste offs?
- Tell us about traveling for Makers.
- How do you plan for aggressive growth?
- What was the tipping point?
- How many cases were they selling?
- Talk about Maker’s marketing.
- Were you there when the did the special edition UK bottle in 1996?
- Any memories with Bill Samuels that you’ll never forget?
- What was your sales force like in the later years?
- What do you do today?
Support this Podcast on Patreon
The post 289 – Taking Maker’s Mark From a Regional to a National Brand with Gregg Walker appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon Pursuit