On today’s episode, the team sits down to discuss young whiskey. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? There are all sorts of angles because in this ever-changing landscape of losing age statements, craft distillers putting out amazing products at young ages, and bourbon drinkers continually looking for something new, we have to ask ourselves… is the age of the whiskey less important?
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Upgrade your sleep today with a Bear Mattress. Visit BearMattress.com/bourbon.
- Catoctin Creek has been honoring that tradition of small craft rye whisky since 2009. Learn more at CatoctinCreekDistilling.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- Spirits of French Lick is delivering the finest hand crafted Bottled in Bond bourbons. Check out SpiritsofFrenchLick.com.
- Fling into spring at Total Wine & More. Always at low prices in-store or online at TotalWine.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about daily bourbon drinking limits.
- What is your whiskey age range preference?
- What about craft distillers outside of Kentucky?
- How do craft distillers treat consumers differently than the bigger distillers?
- What do you think about using different grains?
- How do you fight the stigma of young whiskey?
- Let’s talk about pricing young whiskey.
- How important is packaging for craft whiskey?
Source: Bourbon PursuitStay In Touch!