Lexington, Ky.-based RD1 Spirits announced its expansion of bourbon distribution to Indiana through Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC), representing the brand’s growth beyond its home state of Kentucky.
“Indiana is a big first for us,” said Mike Tetterton, chief executive officer of RD1 Spirits, which was founded in 2020. “We are proud to begin our expansion with RNDC into Indiana and look forward to introducing our unique bourbon tasting experience of ‘Bluegrass Glory’ with bourbon aficionados and those new to bourbon too.”
RD1 will introduce two small batch products to Indiana, both over four years old:
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (49% ALC/VOL, 98 proof, 750 ML)
- Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Finished With French Oak (50.5% ALC/VOL, 101 proof, 750 ML)
In addition, RD1 has announced the addition of some heavy hitters to its leadership team with industry veterans to support sales, product development, finance and marketing:
- Marc Lohnes, director of sales and marketing, brings 46 years of wine and spirits experience. He started his career with E & J Gallo Winery where he spent 24 years working closely with domestic and international retailers and wholesalers. Since then, he’s been helping introduce growing brands (Golden State Vintners, Oak Ridge Winery, Belfour Spirits and Thomas Allen Wine Estates) to new markets to dramatically increase not only sales but also brand value.
- Don Hardwick, bourbon portfolio brand advisor, has four decades of experience in supply chain, packaging consulting and spirit acquisition integrations. He spent the majority of his career with Beam Inc. in management leadership roles, including VP of Global Supply Chain and VP New Product Commercialization. Now, he is focusing his efforts advising craft startups.
- Don Rodgers, financial brand advisor, also has 40 years experience in the distilled spirits industry, focusing on accounting and business development. Like Hardwick, he spent significant time with Beam Inc., managing all North American plants and overseeing budgeting and cost of goods standards for more than 30 years. Upon retirement, he saw the need for financial business advisory for craft distilleries. Since then, he has helped grow 150 brands throughout the U.S.
- Elizabeth Cornelius, marketing brand advisor, marries 20 years of PR agency experience with wine and spirits marketing expertise. She brings a keen understanding of alcohol beverage marketing to state nuances and the creativity to help brands differentiate themselves through a strategic media mix.
For more information, visit https://rd1spirits.com/.