What does it take to put all your money on the line, ignore the experts, fight the law, and spend years experimenting with different mash bills and barrels? That’s what Tim Piersant, CEO, and Grant McCracken, Head Distiller, of Chattanooga Whiskey did. Against all odds, they launched a bourbon that features Tennessee High Malt. We talk about the early successes and challenges of the business and get into the whiskey itself.
- The University of Louisville has an online Distilled Spirits Business Certificate that focuses on the business side of the spirits industry. Learn more at uofl.me/bourbonpursuit.
- Penelope Bourbon is a new award-winning four grain bourbon from a unique blend of three bourbon mash bills. Available in select markets and online at PenelopeBourbon.com.
- You can now buy Barrell Craft Spirits products online and have them shipped right to your door. Visit BarrellBourbon.com and click Buy Now.
- The Thousand Oaks Barrel Co. has personalized oak barrels and at-home whiskey making kits. Get 10% off everything with code “BP2020” at 1000oaksbarrel.com.
- Receive $25 off your first order at RackHouse Whiskey Club with code “Pursuit”. Visit RackhouseWhiskeyClub.com.
- This week’s Above the Char with Fred Minnick talks about SRPs.
- What kind of music do you like?
- Tell us about your background.
- How did you get into whiskey?
- Do you have a favorite kind of beer?
- When did it become legal to distill in Chattanooga?
- Tell us about the early days of the business.
- How did you fund the business?
- How did you decide what kind of whiskey you wanted to make?
- Talk about the experimental distillery.
- Why did you decide to use malt?
- How did you know it would have future potential?
- How did you recreate the process to scale up?
- How did you know when it was ready to be released?
- Tell us about your entry and distillation proof.
- Talk about the high proof version.
- What can we expect to see in the future?
Support this Podcast on Patreon
The post 267 – Putting the High Malt in Bourbon with Tim Piersant and Grant McCracken of Chattanooga Whiskey appeared first on BOURBON PURSUIT.
Source: Bourbon Pursuit